It is recommended that applicants have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a biology-related field. Students who have a M.S. degree in a related field are encouraged to apply. Previous research experience is highly desirable but not essential. Applicants are strongly urged to correspond directly with Faculty members whose work is of particular interest.
The departmental deadline is December 1 each year for both domestic and international applicants. The department only admits students in the fall semester.
Current Recruitment Status
We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2016 admissions. We will start accepting applications for Fall 2017 admissions in October 2016.
1. You must apply online to the University of Arizona's Graduate College. The departmental application is included in the online application.
2. The required application materials needed to submit an online application:
3. Submit your official scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The UA code is 4832. A department code is not needed.
4. Requirement if Bachelor's/Master's degree is not in the biological sciences: Submit your official scores on the GRE Biology Subject Test. The UA code is 4832. A department code is not needed.
5. International students only: Submit your TOEFL (or IELTS) scores. UA code is 4832.
Note: All applications and application materials must be submitted online through the University of Arizona's Graduate College's GradApp. Please contact the Graduate Coordinator, Pennie Rabago, if you have any questions or issues with submitting any part of the application online. If you are having technical issues with the online program, please contact the Graduate College.
See our FAQs for more information.