Crisis Resources

Where to go, who to call if you're in crisis:


CAPS (Counseling and Psychiatric Services) -

At CAPS, students can speak with licensed mental health professionals about things like:

  • anxiety and depression
  • eating and body image
  • alcohol and drug concerns
  • family, friend, roommate, and relationship problems
  • sexual assault and relationship violence
  • crises and trauma
  • psychiatric medication
  • And anything else you need to talk about.

All currently enrolled students are eligible to be seen at CAPS.

CAPS has walk-in hours 9am-4pm, Monday-Friday.

There are two locations:

  • South side of campus at Campus Health - 1224 E. Lowell St., phone: 520-621-3334*
  • North side of campus on the second floor of the new North Rec by the Honors Village - 1051 E. Mabel St., phone: 520-626-3100*
    *After hours callers in crisis may speak with a licensed counselor by pressing 1

You may also refer a student to CAPS if you become aware of a student struggling with mental health issues. If you refer a student to CAPS, then please also file a Public Care Report with the Dean of Students.


Dean of Students

The Dean of Students Office has a reporting and evaluation system for when faculty, instructors or staff have any concerns about students that may or may not have to do with mental health -- for instance if you become aware that a student is struggling with housing or food insecurity, substance abuse, hazing, abusive relationships, socialization, or even if they are suddenly doing very poorly in your class. You can make a “Public Care Report” with the Dean of Students Office and they will evaluate the report and reach out to the student to try to connect them to resources. The link to the report for is here: You can also call the Dean of Students office if you have questions 520-621-7057. If you think there is an imminent threat of harm to a student or others, call UAPD or 911.


Other Resources at University of Arizona or Tucson Area:

Are you a concerned friend? Concerned friends can find out more about helping a friend who might be experiencing problems through the UA's Friend 2 Friend website.

University of Arizona's Resources for sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking

Community-Wide Crisis Line - Located in Tucson, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 520-622-6000


24-Hour Hotlines

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. By dialing 1-800-273-TALK (8255), the call is routed to the nearest crisis center in our national network of more than 150 crisis centers. The Lifeline’s national network of local crisis centers provides crisis counseling and mental health referrals day and night.

Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 from anywhere in the United States, anytime, about any type of crisis. A live, trained Crisis Counselor receives the text and responds, all from a secure online platform. Find out more about how it works at

Suicide Prevention for LGBTQ Youth through the Trevor Project: • The Trevor Lifeline is a 24/7 suicide hotline: 866-4-U-TREVOR (1-866-488-7386) • TrevorChat: Online instant messaging available 7 days a week, 3 pm - 10 pm ET (12 pm -- 7 pm PT) • TrevorText: Confidential and secure resource that provides live help for LGBTQ youth with a trained specialist, over text messages. Text TREVOR to 1-202-304-1200 (available 7 days a week, 3 pm - 10 pm ET, 12 pm -- 7 pm PT)

Veterans’ Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

SAMHSA Treatment Referral Hotline (Substance Abuse): 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357)

National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673)

Loveisrespect (National Dating Abuse Helpline): Call 1-866-331-9474 (TTY: 1-866-331-8453). Text LOVEIS to 22522 - you'll receive a response from a peer advocate prompting you for your question. Go ahead and text your comment or question and we will reply.