Incoming Transfer Students

Welcome to the Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology at the University of Arizona!
Transferring to a new school can be confusing and complicated experience. Your academic advisor is here to help guide you through this process. We are happy to meet with you before you apply to the UA, and it is required that you meet with an academic advisor after you are admitted to the UA and before you can register for classes. Please email an academic advisor to set up an appointment if you are a newly admitted transfer student. You will also be invited to a Transfer Student Orientation session upon admission. Academic advisors can meet with you at orientation or in advance of your session. 

Transferring from an Arizona college
If you are currently attending a community college or university in the state of Arizona, there are several online resources that may be useful to you as you plan for your transfer to the University of Arizona.  The Arizona State Course Equivalency Guide allows you to see how the courses you are completing at your current school will transfer to the UA.  You can also view UA's Degree Search for recommended academic plans according to major.  These online tools should be used in consultation with a UA advisor.

If you are transferring from an Arizona community college, you may have been advised to complete the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) at your current school; however, AGEC completion is NOT required prior to transferring to the UA.  Contact an advisor to find out how your courses fit into our major requirements. 

The Transfer Student Center
The Transfer Student Center provides services to students who are transferring or considering transferring to the University of Arizona. They are also home to enrolled transfer student programs including the Transfer Student Association and Tau Sigma Honor Society.

The Office of Transfer Credit & Articulation is another great resource.  They have a comprehensive Transfer Credit Guide

Students transferring to UA may be required to take placement or proficiency test to be able to register for certain math, science, English, or foreign language courses. Please review information in your Next Steps Center and consult your advisor to determine which placement tests you need to complete.

Transfer Credit

Credit from an Arizona Institution: Students wishing to take a course at an Arizona institute to transfer back to the University of Arizona may use the Arizona Transfer Equivalency Guide to view predetermined transfer policies.

Credit from an Institution Outside of Arizona: All students needing domestic, international or study abroad transfer course evaluations, approvals, and pre-approvals should submit that here 

After Course Completion: After a course is completed, an official transcript must be mailed to the Registration & Transcripts Office so that the credit can be applied to your program of study . Keep in mind that the applicability of certain transfer courses may be subject to change if you change your program of study.