Office Location: Marley 741C
Lab Location: Marley 703-706
- University of Arizona, PhD (2018–Present)
- Western Carolina University, MSc Biology (2016–2018)
- Washington University in St. Louis, BA Environmental Studies/Ecology (2008-2012)
I am generally interested in phenotypic plasticity, how it is constrained by the environment, and the trade-offs involved. I study these concepts in insect cuticular melanism which is often a plastic trait. In particular I am researching how diet composition influences the expression of melanism and how this varies across populations.
- Britton, S., & Davidowitz, G. (2023). The effect of diet on melanin pigmentation in animals. Functional Ecology, 37(2), 206-217.
- Britton, S., & Ballentine, B. (2020). Flexible responses to stage‐specific offspring threats. Ecology and Evolution, 10(1), 93-103.